About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Sales the Technical Sales Engineer will be responsible for proposing technical solutions to address specific customer needs, generate sales leads and manage the process from initial enquiry to placement of order as well as maintaining existing customer relationships and developing new customers within your region. This role is primarily field based and requires extensive travel across the region.
Key elements of the role include-
• Ascertaining customer requirements and consulting on the best solutions, to meet their needs this includes site surveys and discussion with the client and or their advisors.
• Ownership of sales within your region-client types-accounts.
• Develop new and existing GalxC Cooling customers for your region
• Meet and exceed sales targets as set by the Head of Sales.
• Manage / update the GalxC CRM system with all customer information.
• Working with the Head of Sales ensuring that all quotations and proposals are fit for purpose and meet commercial and profit targets
• Forecasting orders and sales projection for the rolling quarter
• Keeping abreast on changes in technology, products, competitors’ activity, and market trends.
• Being a professional representative of GalxC as an expert provider of cooling solutions.
• Attend departmental review meetings and events, as necessary.
2+ years’ experience of chilled water systems and technical knowledge of either industrial cooling or HVAC systems.
HNC in Mechanical Engineering / Refrigeration or be QUALIFIED BY EXPERIENCE.
Ability to develop partner relationships with clients, interpreting, and understanding their requirements and provide the best solution for the client.
Numerate with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
Technical Sales Engineer applicants must have:
Full drivers licence valid in the UK
Excellent English language fluency including engineering and technical terminology
Good IT skills